-recipe courtesy of Mountain Mama Cooks
Veronica and I fell in love with this recipe out of our love for pancakes. We make them almost every Sunday (seriously). We especially love this recipe because they are gluten and dairy free! A healthy alternative!
Serves 2-3, 6-8 pancakes
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 large ripe, organic banana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large organic egg
- coconut oil for cooking
- Place all ingredients except egg ad coconut oil in the base of a blender and blend until smooth. Add egg and pulse a few times until egg is fully incorporated.
- Heat a griddle or large non stick pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of coconut oil. when hot, pour or scoop the batter into the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side) and serve hot with maple syrup.
- *If batter becomes too thick to pour easily, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to thin.
Other kitchen tips:
- Melt 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil in a glass bowl in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until melted and use a pastry brush to grease pan.
- If doubling the recipe or using small pans, heat oven with a sheet tray in it to 200F to keep the pancakes warm while you cook the rest.