I like to call these ‘guilt-free cookies’. I mean I’m never going to turn down a fresh baked cookie and don’t feel guilty about it at all but these are rewarding in the fact that they are gluten free, dairy free and sweetened with honey. Far by the best tasting gluten free, dairy free and low refined sugar cookie I’ve ever tried let alone made. I think I’ll have just one more….
makes about 12-15 cookies
- 2 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a food processor, mix together coconut oil and egg. Add honey, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
- Add the flours and mix until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- place spoon full mounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes.