This recipe is adapted from Gwyneth Paltrow!! LOL we love her book because the recipes are easy, healthy and so snazzy so ogle at!
For the Soup:
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3-inch) piece of ginger, cut into matchsticks or chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 baby bok choy heads, cut into eighths or quarters
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, sliced thin or cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups snow peas
- 20 square wonton wrappers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 4 small scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated or minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons tamari (or any soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- rough chopped cilantro
- To make the soup, combine the chicken broth, water, garlic, ginger and salt in a pot or Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a low simmer, cover, and allow the flavors to infuse while you prepare the meatballs.
- To make the meatballs, in a medium bowl, mix together all the meatball ingredients, making sure everything is evenly combined. Wet your hands so the mixture doesn’t stick, and roll into 24 or so small meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the simmering soup and simmer until they are cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Add the bokchoy, carrots, snowpeas, and wonton wrappers and simmer for 2-3 minutes, season with more salt and/or tamari and serve garnished with cilantro and scallions.