Came up with this idea on a random night when I was home alone. I had a craving for broccoli and I ALWAYS have a craving for spice so I decided to craft up a again flair on broccoli. And what better to boost this superfood than the lacto-fermented qualities of kimchi!
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup,lacto-fermented kimchi
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 fresh red thai chili, sliced thin
- 2 raw garlic cloves, put through a garlic press or grated on a fine microplane.
- 1 Tablespoon tamari sauce
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Bring medium sauce pan of salted water to a boil and add broccoli.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until desired doneness.
- Remove to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients and season to taste.
Broccoli is a good source of Protein, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Selenium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, Potassium and Manganese. Wow..