Yields 2-3 large portions or 4-5 appetizer portions
10 ounces all purpose flour
4 ounces whole eggs (2 eggs), beaten
1 ½ ounces cold water
1. Pour flour into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs.
2. With a small fork gradually incorporate the flour into the egg.
3. Using your hands, mix and toss the flour bits into a uniform shaggy mass. Add the water and press into dough.
4. When the dough feels slightly tacky, transfer to a lightly-floured counter top and knead the dough for 5 minutes. (Some flour bits may remain)
5. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Roll out dough with pasta machine par manufacturers instructions or use a rolling pin to roll to thin sheets. Have a small bowl of flour handy to dust the pasta as you go to prevent sticking and tearing.
This works well in a food processor or kitchen aid mixer.
Substitute one quarter to one half of the white flour with a whole grain flour of choice for more robust flavored pasta.
Salt the water that you are going to boil the pasta in with a rough ratio of 1 Tbl of salt per gallon of water.