1-pound diver scallops, (abductor tab removed)
1 Tbl olive oil
½ glass dry sherry or dry white wine
1. Place scallops between paper towels to ensure dryness and enable proper searing. Season both sides with sea salt.
2. In a large stainless steel skillet, heat 1 Tbl olive oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Arrange scallops in pan with some space between them (based on the size of the pan, this may have to be done in batches or multiple pans)
3. Leave scallops alone (don’t touch!) for 1-2 minutes until the edges turn a light golden brown. Flip and repeat on the other side.
4. Transfer scallops to a warm plate and cover with foil or keep in a warm spot.
5. Lightly dab any excess olive oil from the pan and add the wine away from the heat. Return to medium heat and scrape the bottom of the pan with a utensil. Reduce to sauce consistency.
6. Serve scallops with the sauce spooned on top and around.
*Note- Fresh Scallops can be served slightly raw to rare in the middle.