Love this recipe- Crisp and zesty. Spicy radish contrasting with tart apple. Bright addition to tacos, braised meat dish, barbecue, etc…
*If you can’t find watermelon radishes, any other radish will suffice.
Serves about 4 as a side dish
- 1 apple (gala works great)
- 4-6 medium radishes
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the radish and apples (skin on down to the core) very thin (can use a mandolin or other vegetable slicer). Form into piles and cut apples and radishes into matchsticks.
- in a medium bowl, combine apple, radish, scallions, lime zest and juice, olive oil, and cilantro and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.